Worm Compost Bins
Worm composting transforms the organic waste from your kitchen into organic fertilizer for your garden. It’s easy to use! Just fill the bottom tray with well prepared bedding, compost worms and food scraps. As the worms finish composting, they will migrate upward into the tray above, leaving rich castings behind. We can benefit from worm composting in three areas: produce organic fertilizer for your garden, raise worms, and help the environment by reducing the organic waste going to landfill or incinerator.
In ideal conditions, 2lbs or 1kg worms can consume 1lb or 0.5 kg of food scraps per day on average. A 5-tray worm bin can house 10 lbs or 5 kgs of worms. Therefore, it can help to reduce 5lbs or 2.5 kgs food scraps per day. The VermiHut provides the perfect capacity for household waste management.
1. Smallest footprint for the highest composting efficiency, thanks to the stackable design;
2. Odorless. The compost worms consume the bacteria before it smells. The VermiHut can be used inside or outside;
3. Great air circulation. Special design to allow air flow through the system and provide sufficient oxygen to the worms;
4. Moisture control. The dome-shaped lid with air-vent makes it possible for moisture control. It maintains the bedding in a perfect moisture level and provides the worms a comfortable living environment. VermiHut is the best in bedding moisture control among the worm composter in the market.
5. Easy maintenance and minimum attendance.
6. Recycled material is used for food recycle.
Here at VermiTek, we offer two types of Worm Bins: